Thursday, March 22, 2007

My First Post!

Well, I've finally started an actual workout program. Thanks to nestie mrssisler, I have started the couch to 5K program. It's so perfect for me because its very gradual, and I've been a total couch potato for way too long. So even though it's hard, it's definitely do-able. And it makes me feel so great! I have always wanted to run, but I've never had a program telling me how to get started and how to progress. So now I am going to be able to do something I have always wanted to do!

The first week was pretty hard for me. I did 2 of the 3 workouts outside on the streets and it was not easy. I had to push myself. But I liked it. I was able to go to the gym for one of my workouts and run on the treadmill, and I really liked that. So I think I will try to do at least one workout a week at the gym.

I started week 2 today and it was noticeably harder. But I did it! It felt great to progress. I'll hopefully do my next workout at the gym.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

You're doing such a great job! You girls have motivated me to look into the program too!

Jen said...

Woo hoo !! Keep it up

Cara said...

Great job Kayte! My FI is currently doing couch to 5K too, so I can support you both! Keep it up, you are going to feel awesome. I also never used be a runner and I have worked my way up. I am proof that it can be done!