Sunday, March 25, 2007

Week 2, Second workout

So I bought myself some new running shoes! The shoes I have are definitely not good for running, so I went out and got myself some nice running shoes. They are really comfy and I can feel the difference. I have knee problems, and my knees don't hurt half as much as they did with my other shoes. The only problem with the new shoes is they gave me a blister, but I'm sure my feet will get used to them.

Anyway, todays run went really well. The hills really kick my butt. But that's ok. I like it! Not only did I do my workout today, but I also took my daughter and our dog for a 2 mile walk this morning. The weather was so nice today, I just wanted to be outside.

This program has really done amazing things for me already. I feel so great about myself. And it gives me time to myself that I wouldn't normally get at home. I'll admit that it is hard to walk out the door by myself, leaving my husband and daughter behind. I know it might sound silly, since I'm usually gone less than 30 minutes, but my mom never took time for herself and she always felt like she wasn't allowed to. So I guess that feeling has transferred over to me. It's hard to overcome the guilt, but I'm lucky because my husband really likes for me to go out and take time to do something for me. I'm really looking forward to the next few weeks and seeing myself progress.

3 comments:

~Amber~ said...

YAY for new shoes! It's great that you are so proud of yourself and that you feel so much better. High 5 to you. Keep up the excellent work!

Nukem said...

Good for you Kayte! And new shoes rock! Just wanted to say that it's great and awesome that you are doing this for yourself (and no you are not selfish for doing so). Keep it up girl!

Jen said...

Keep it up, you deserve time to better yourself!!